Location: South London
Planning Manager – Planning, Plan, Change
Planning manager required to lead and own the Change Portfolio and the TS Portfolio including the Strategic Investment Plan (SIP). The Planning Manager will support the planning, monitoring and management of the change portfolios driven by agreed and accepted strategic priorities. The role is key in understanding the dependencies between initiatives on the portfolios to identify risks, issues and mitigating actions.
– Lead analysis and planning for the Strategic Investment Plan (SIP).
– Facilitate the creation and management of a high quality balanced portfolio plan: projects and investments aligned with business strategy, and an appropriate balance of projects (size, risk, and reward), with projects matched to resources available and capacity to implement.
– Provide a strategic overview of inter-dependencies between all programmes, projects. Report risks and issues and propose options for improved orchestration of the portfolio.
– Periodically review, assess, and prioritise the portfolio in line with governance processes and organisational priorities (eg assessing return on investment, benefits and strategic alignment, capacity to deliver).
– Establish and maintain proactive, comprehensive stakeholder management and stakeholder communications
– Management of budget, resources, risks and dependencies, for both the team and projects (and across projects) within the portfolio. Provide senior management with analytics and insights to facilitate planning and decision making.
– Provide insights and support for the sanctioning of projects/programmes for inclusion in the portfolio
– Extensive experience in project planning within an enterprise scale change environment is essential for this role.
– A demonstrable track record of identifying project dependencies and mitigating risks and issues accordingly.
– A good track record of developing business relationships and stakeholder buy in will be key