Location: South London
Portfolio Analyst required by global insurance organisation based in the south east of London.
This role sits within Business Engagement and Planning and will be responsible for analysing the change portfolio analysis in order to provide insights for decision making.
The role will help facilitate the development and management of an optimized portfolio, the creation and maintenance of a portfolio delivery plan and effective management of portfolio level risks.
– Document and maintain Portfolio management artefacts and information such as the Portfolio Plan, Risk Register, Dependencies Register, Resource Capacity Plan, Prioritisation model, Management Dashboard and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the portfolio
– Provide pro-active, value adding portfolio analysis, advice, guidance and support.
– Identify inter-dependencies between programmes and projects. Evaluate risks and issues and propose mitigating actions.
– Analyse the portfolio to make recommendations on the programme/project mix.
– Balance/optimize the portfolio in terms of strategic goal attainment vs delivery capacity/capability and business as usual priorities.
– Impact analysis of impending strategy or policy changes
– Provide expert assistance to the commissioning process which adds/removes programmes and projects from the portfolio.
– Provide support/information to business planning.
– Liaise with the Finance team for monitoring of financial spend and timing/support for audits.
– Assess benefits planning and realisation across programmes or projects to identify gaps, overlaps and conflicts and duplication in the benefits realisation plans of individual programmes and projects.
– This role requires demonstrable experience of portfolio/PMO support in a large project environment.
– Solid experience delivering project MI and insight.