Location: Netherlands & Belgium
Service Desk Operations Manager
One of our European clients in Belgium are currently looking for a Service Desk Operations Manager on a 6 month contract to be responsible for:
• Manage the day-to-day operation and direct supervision of all Service Desk personnel
• Analyze the work of subordinates and take appropriate steps for retention or other personnel actions
• Ensure all requirements of the contract are fulfilled and all deliverables submitted on time
• Create an effective working relationship with the customer and stakeholders.
• Serve as on-site liaison for the company at the customer’s site.
• Discuss all open tickets during the daily morning meetings
• Suggest and recommend innovative measures which provide greater opportunity for exceeding service commitments, improve customer satisfaction, and reduce the overall cost of delivering agreed services
• Develop and implement effective incident management, problem management and resolution processes.
• Develop and manage effective knowledge management processes.
• Ensure operational quality through application of formal quality assurance processes.
• Meet goals and KPIs as set by the line manager;
• Ensure that team’s KPIs are monitored, actions are taken, evaluated accordingly and delegated properly;
• Measure, monitor and work to drive down incident levels. This will relate to Product and Customer problems. Ensure that the Service Desk actively participates in improving the usability and reliability of services;
• Ensure that practices and processes exist and when it is possible are standardized and repeatable. Ensure that these ones are continually improving and produce business cases to support team activities
• Perform customer relationship management to improve customer satisfaction with organizational IT support
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
• Certification in ITIL V3 or 2011 intermediate or expert
• Experience managing an IT help/service desk with Tier 1, 2 and 3 support
• Experience administering quality assurance processes for helpdesk operations
• At least 4 years’ experience of managing a Service Desk
• Desired Qualifications:
• Experience in operational support of multiple level security domains
• Education to degree level preferably in Information Technology
• Proficiency in English. A good knowledge of French/ German/Spanish/Italian would be highly appreciated.