Location: Netherlands & Belgium
Virtualization and Processing (Compute) Engineer
One of our clients in Belgium are currently looking for an Virtualization Engineer to assume the role of Processing and Virtualization Engineer responsible for all design, integration and automation aspects of a multi-hypervisor virtualized datacenter managed via System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM).
Candidate will manage VMM integration with Windows Server systems, System Center Configuration Manager, System Center Orchestrator, and System Center Operations Manager. Candidate will ensure Processing Infrastructure remains compliant with rigorous server baseline configuration guidance. Candidate will be responsible for ensuring continuity of operations across 2 datacenter sites and one test site using High Availability and Fault Tolerance technologies. Candidate will support the server processing and virtualization needs of multiple AD domains and their respective infrastructure services and tenant systems. Candidate will support the server processing and virtualization needs of several security gateways and DMZs. Candidate will support the server processing and virtualization needs of XenDesktop and XenApp Client Provisioning for a multi-domain, 5,000+ user environment.
Candidate will lead Processing Engineering efforts during large scale migration from highly varied legacy environment to new, standardized environment incorporating principles of least privilege and server consolidation where possible.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Support and maintain multi-hypervisor virtualized datacenter managed via System Center Virtual Machine Manager
• Document and train staff on the operation of Processing and Virtualization Services
• Experience with Dell Chassis and Blade, and rack server technologies
• Experience with IPMI standard “lights out” OOB management including Dell iDRAC
• Experience with Network virtualization including design, deploy, and maintain
• Experience with MS SQL 2012 to current version including design, deploy, and maintain
• Experience with enterprise scale failover clustering including design, deploy, and maintain
• Experience with patch management with WSUS and SCCM including design, deploy, and maintain
• 5+ years of experience with large scale virtual datacenter, either Hyper-V or VMware including design, deploy, and maintain
• Have designed and deployed at least 2 major AD or Datacenter migrations
• 2+ years Virtual Datacenter architecture and design with Hyper-V or VMware a plus
• 2+ years Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop, XenApp design, deploy, administrative support a plus
• Minimum 5 years of experience IT operations (Windows System Administration)
• Minimum 5 years of experience with Windows Active Directory version 2008 or better
• Expert knowledge in Windows, Linux/RedHat/CentOS, and UNIX OS hardening and standardization
• Expert knowledge in administrative script writing a distinct plus (PowerShell preferred)
• Knowledge in SAN design, implementation, clustering, and multi-pathing a plus
• Certification in ITIL Foundations a plus